Ramadan is an exciting time for Auburn Islamic Community Centre. During this holy month, we organise the most activities to get the brothers and children in to have an authentic feel of the blessed month. Activities include: daily iftar, taraweeh and regular lectures.
Every year in Ramadan, the team at AICC aim to introduce new programs to benefit the brothers and to keep everyone excited for the next day.
The programs we so far operate include:
- Daily Iftar; everyday at Maghrib we have an iftar sponsored by numerous brothers.
- Taraweeh prayers; every night in Ramdan the brothers at AICC aim to complete 1 Juz’ to finish the Quran by the end of the month.
- Itikaf for adults; AICC holds itikaf prayers for adults during the last 10 nights.
- Itikaf for young boys; AICC also holds itikaaf prayers for the young boys that usually attend the centre. It is supervised by adults.
- Visiting Sheikh; AICC sponsors a scholar each year to attend the mosque and lead the prayers throughout the month. In the past couple of years, we have been bringing tan Eygptiona Scholar who is admired by the musalla attendees.
- Ramadan Competition; Throughout Ramadan, we host competitions for the youth and set a prize at the end of the month for a chance to win. This usually encourages all of the young boys and girls to participate